So, today I am very very sick, but I didn’t want to skip out on a post today. So, I am taking a subject that I previously posted on another blog I have and will place it here.
hanks to my account on Polyvore, I was able to create a photo collage of my wardrobe essentials 🙂 I’ve seen so many other bloggers do it, so I felt it was about time.
1. Blazers- I love a great blazer. Though the trend right now is to have a boyfriend blazer, I’m happy with my white and black classic blazers. I just roll the sleeves up and rock them. I also have a nav y seersucker one that I wear during the spring, great with white trousers and denim trousers.
2. Denim Jackets- Denim jackets are just great to throw on over a maxi dress or a mini dress to make it casual. I also love it with a full mini skirt or pencil skirt. Just a great all weather basic.
3. Vests- I love to throw on a vest over a basic tee and add a little class and/or sass to the ensemble. Love my motorcycle inspired one with a tank top and leopard mini!
1. Basic Tees- You cannot have a great wardrobe without basic tee shirts. You can layer them, wear them alone, and they are perfect for almost every occasion. You can wear them on Casual Fridays at work, or even layer them for everyday work ensembles. You can wear them going out with a great statement necklace and mini skirt. A great universal basic.
2. Button Ups- I love the idea of a button up and a pencil skirt, very classic yet sexy, I also wear them with jeans and a colorful tank underneath to create a great casual look.
3. Graphic Tees- Graphic tees are a great way to play with your wardrobe. They work great as a casual day look, or you can throw on a cute high waist mini skirt and some heels and go out.
Honorary Mention…Tunic Tops- I don’t know how I forgot the thing I wear in almost every picture. Tunics work great to cover up the pudge I still have from having my daughter. They work for all types of occassions. I have them in almost every color and style.
1. Maxi Dress- I have a few of them and they need to be taken in. I have one that fits perfectly, it’s a spaghetti strap cross-front maxi dress from Old Navy. It’s a great dress to travel in, go to the beach, go out to lunch with friends, hold a summer evening event in, and much more. Works great with a denim jacket, blazer, or vest too!
2. Mini Dresses- When it’s really hot, I wear shorter dresses. They are easy to throw on and just go. I also wear some of my mini dresses to go out with friends, especially if I’m feeling sexy and “bad” lol.
1. Shorts- I live in Florida, so about 80% of the year we spend in shorts. Well, I don’t really wear them often, I’m more of a jeans or leggings girl. But this summer, shorts were my refuge. I have thicker legs, which I am not ashamed to show, because curves are beautiful. I usually wear shorts with a tee shirt and on occasion a nice tunic top.
2. Skirts- I didn’t start wearing skirts until high school. I love a great high waist skirt, because they work with my pudge. I have a leopard mini that I just can’t wait to wear going out, possibly on my birthday (it’s in 2 weeks!). I also love a great kneee length skirt, preferably a full or pencil skirt. Definitely invested in a lot of skirts, can’t wait for the weather to get cooler (which according to the weather reports, it’s already doing that, yay!)
3. Leggings- I love leggings! I wish I had them in every color, but alas I don’t. I especially love my liquid leggings and black denim ones. I usually wear them with a long tunic top or tee. I also love how they make me look slimmer 🙂
4. Jeans- They say since i have a big bust I should wear a low rise bootcut jean. Well my favorite jeans are a high waist skinny jean so bam! in your face haha. I mean, skinny jeans are the best things invented since peanut butter and the micowave. I have colored ones, dark ones, high rise ones, I just love denim in general. I pretty much have every style in some shape, form or color. I think I have about 20-30 pairs. And yet I still want more.
Honorary Mention…High Waist Trousers- Again, the high waist is my favorite, and a wide leg combined with that just makes my heart smile. Great for work or play 😉
1. Ballet Flats- I have so many colors, I just love them to throw on when I don’t want to wear heels and I haven’t had a pedicure in a while. They work especially when it rains for me. They are just a cute way to add color to your ensembles, and a great classic alternative to heels.
2. Sandals- I love a great flat sandal or a high heel sandal. It all depends on the occassion. I am starting to get into wearing heels to class, especially since all of my classes are in the same building and floor.
3. Classic Black Heels- I just ordered a platform patent black slingback heel and I love them. They are comfortable with the platform and they work great with almost every ensemble. I just love black shoes!
4. Boots- Since again, I live in Florida, I don’t need a bunch of boots. However, I have 2 pairs that I absolutely love. One is my motorcycle boots and the other is a vintage pair of boots that come up to my midcalf. I really don’t wear them unless it’s really cold outside. I tried wearing the motorcycle boots this summer and my feel were highly pissed off with me.
5. Sneakers- I love colorful sneakers. I have about 3 pairs of great colorful sneakers. My favorite sneakers are my multi-colored high-top Vans. They look great with leggings and a long tee or skinny jeans and a regular tee or polo, for that cool casual vibe. I also own some rainbow Keds, so fab!
1. Hoop Earrings- Great to dress up an outfit, especially with your hair pinned up or in a ponytail.
2. Watches- I have colorful watches and metallic ones. The metallic ones are more for classy ensembles, whereas my colorful ones are for the casual everyday ensemble. Although lately I’ve been wearing my metallic watches.
3. Necklaces- Again, another great way to dress up an ensemble. They look great with solid tops so they don’t compete with a print.
4. Bangles- I live in a world were the “Around the Way Girl” was the thing to be. So bangles have been an essential for quite some time now. i love them for every occasion.
5. Crossbody Bags- Great for shopping or just going out. Who really wants a great big tote bag while you’re dancing (who really wants a bag period though, right?)?
6. Tote Bags- Great alternative to my backpack on days where I don’t have to carry many textbooks to class. Also great for shopping light and for work.
7. Belts- I love to belt all of my tunics to you can see that I do have a waist. I also love how it adds a little something special to a plain ensemble, whether it’s a wide or skinny belt.
8. Sunglasses- Ok, so I wear glasses that change to a darker lense when I go into the sun, but that doesn’t mean I don’t wear sunglasses. I especially love the Wayfarer style, but since I cannot afford Ray Bans, I have a bunch of knockoffs that I love 🙂
These are some of my favorite pieces and styles. If I don’t know what to wear, I fall back on these pieces to help me out. Until next time, C-ya!
One Response »